NOW OFFERING VIRTUAL APPOINTMENTS FOR OTTAWA RESIDENTS
Our online consultations can help assess your condition and advise a course of action all while you stay in the comfort of your home.
The benefits to the patient are:
- Convenience and privacy of the appointment in their own home
- The possibility of seeing a therapist at all for some people in rural and remote locations
- Saving travel time to and from a clinic
- Being able to see a certain expert who is not in their geographical location
- Flexible clinic hours
- The ability to be assessed very quickly post injury
- Allowing a different kind of access to health care for people who otherwise would not have chosen to visit a physical clinic
- Excellent patient satisfaction demonstrated in clinical studies
- More cost effective, in some situations
LIVE VIRTUAL 1-ON-1 VIDEO APPOINTMENT SYSTEM
At a time like this, it's more important than ever to try and maintain a sense of normalcy and take care of your health and safety. While we deal with this change in routine, it is still vital that we pay attention to our healthcare and keep up with our treatment routine so as not to make the problem worse.
That's why we're now introducing a LIVE Virtual 1-on-1 Video Appointment System that allows you to meet your physical therapist without stepping of the house.
The following common injuries and conditions are well suited to telerehabilitation:
- Acute injuries such as sprained ankles or knees, low back pain, neck pain, headaches or shoulder pain
- Chronic injuries
- Post surgery e.g. ACL rehab, post hip or knee replacement
- Injury prevention for sports like running, volleyball and skiing
- Women’s health problems like urinary incontinence (Natasha only)
How it Works
All you need is an internet connection, access to a desktop, laptop, smart phone or tablet, and to follow these instructions:
1. Book your initial assessment / consultation online HERE or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 613-424-8030.
* Please note your credit card information will be collected at time of booking to secure your appointment but WILL NOT be charged until after your assessment.
2. Complete your intake forms. They will be emailed to you as soon as you book your appointment. Please take the time to complete these prior to your appointment. (Even if you've filled the consent form before, there's a different one for telehealth).
3. You can join your telehealth appointment using either a cell phone/ iPad or a desktop computer (preferred).
4. Please arrive to your appointment a few minutes early.
*note: from a desktop, please use google chrome or safari web browser
5. When your therapist is ready, they will welcome you with the live video connection in your private and secure one on one appointment.
To ensure you have a great appointment, please ensure the following:
- have your camera set up in a location that allows you to move around and still be seen.
- have clear audio - you may want to consider using earbuds for clearer sound (not necessary).
- have a private space free of distraction so you can focus on what you need.
6. Following your appointment, your therapist will summarize the goals and treatment plan you agree on, assist you with booking your follow-up sessions, and send you your homework.