Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy in Orleans, ON
Does this sound like you?
- Do you leak when you cough or sneeze or jump?
- Do you have pain or discomfort with intercourse?
- Do you have lower back or pelvic pain since pregnancy?
- Have you struggled with stress incontinence?
- Do you plan your trips on where you can find a bathroom quickly?
- Do you feel pressure in your vagina or like you’re sitting on a ball?
- Do you have a pooch that just won’t go away?
Here at Modern Sports Physio & Wellness Centre we are proud of serving women of all ages in the Ottawa area and getting them back to feeling their best.
If you’d like to book a free consult with our pelvic floor therapist, please click here.
The effects of pelvic floor dysfunctions that nobody talks about
- you may start avoiding certain exercises such as running or lifting weights
- you may start avoiding certain social interactions
- you may avoid long road trips or travelling
- you may wear a depend (adult diaper) at all times and won’t be able to wear your favorite dress anymore
- you may not feel comfortable wearing a bathing suit anymore
- you may feel less confident
- you may feel low, discouraged, frustrated or even depressed
The Orleans Pelvic Floor Freedom Program
We have helped many women just like you to get back to doing the things they love without worrying about the frustration and embarrassment about pelvic floor dysfunction and it’s implications.
1) Comprehensive Assessment
This step involves:
- A full history of the onset, duration, and progression of your current problem.
- A physical assessment to make sure that the Orleans Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy Program is right for you.
- Discussing a customized treatment plan if our program is right for you.
You will always have plenty of time to ask all your questions so that you can be in charge of your treatments.
2) Tailored Pelvic Floor Program
Every treatment will be fully discussed prior to starting to follow the customized treatment plan discussed during the assessment. You have the choice to continue in the route that the therapist has suggested, or you can ask for a different route if you feel uncomfortable. We will never force you to do anything you do not feel at ease with.
The treatments are painless and will only continue with your ongoing consent.
You will leave with the right steps to fix your dysfunction.
One of the many reasons that clients like our process is that it requires no surgery or invasive procedures.
You will leave your sessions with all the information you need to continue getting better and what to do if ever the symptoms start coming back.
Our therapist will help you return to your physical activities. They will always be available if you have questions to address and to help you regain your strength and confidence. You will never have to worry about pressure, pain, discomfort, or tummy pooches again.
If you’d like to book an assessment with our Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist, please click here.
Is the Orleans Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy Program right for you?
Orleans Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy Program may be right for you if:
- You are struggling with stress incontinence following childbirth or menopause.
- You would like to avoid surgery
- You are finding your symptoms are reducing your confidence and bringing you down
- You would like to return to your sports and activities without leaking
- You would like to flatten your tummy
- You would like to enjoy intercourse again.
Got questions to discuss about your specific issues and find out more about how we can help. Book a free pelvic floor freedom consultation with our knowledgeable and experienced pelvic floor physiotherapist.
The common problems pre and post pregnancy and pre, during, and post menopause
Stress incontinence is when you do an activity or physical movement that puts pressure on your bladder causing you to leak. It can be anything from coughing, sneezing, laughing, running, lifting weights, etc..
Pelvic floor Prolapse
You will feel pressure in your underwear caused by some internal organs lowering. This is usually caused by the pelvic floor muscles becoming weak.
This is a separation of your rectus abdominus (ab muscle) by an abnormal distance. This can cause a bulge in your abdomen and can also cause some low back pain.
Tiny Bladder syndrome
This is when you feel a sudden urge to urinate that is difficult to control. You will have this urgency day and night and can experience some unintentional loss of urine.
Pelvic pain and back pain pre and post pregnancy
Although very common, these can cause a lot of grief especially while your body is changing and while you need to take care of a newborn. These issues can be addressed to help you focus on you and the baby vs your pain/discomfort.
These are all common conditions but does not mean you have to deal with for the rest of your life.